Hello friends! First things first, welcome to my new blog! As some of you may know, I had a blog over at blogspot for the past few years. With some changes since I started the other blog — i.e., the hubs and I moved to NYC, my sewing is morphing more into clothes than nursery, home dec, etc. — and the fact that wordpress seems much more user-friendly, I thought now would be a good chance to switch over and start from scratch. So, here I am! The plan is to mostly share sewing projects, but there will perhaps be more — NYC adventures, crocheting + knitting projects, who knows!
Now that’s out of the way, here’s my new blouse!
Probably should’ve taken some pics of the back, but it’s not really that exciting so you can just trust that it looks good from the back, too. 😉
As the title of the post suggests, this is the Belcarra blouse by Sewaholic patterns. It was quite easy to sew, only complicated by the fact I used french seams throughout and got a smidge turned around a few times. Also it took me forever to finish, as I started it while living temporarily at my parents, putting it away during the madness that was our move to NYC, then pulling it out a week into our move (once I had things semi-set up). Without all those factors, I think it would be a quick finish. Perhaps I will make another and find out! Other than that, I don’t have much to say about the pattern — the fit was perfect out of the envelope (er, pdf file) and directions were clear. A wonderful pattern all around.
That’s all from me! Hope y’all are well. xoxo